Our takeaways on trends, challenges and strategic directions in city parks this year, based on conversations with over 40 city staff and data from our municipal and public surveys.
3. Identifying new types of parks for growing, urbanizing cities
4. Growing support for naturalization efforts through public education
5. Embedding climate resilience within park designs to safeguard the future
6. Moving beyond amenity distribution to look at the social side of park equity
7. Working with unhoused communities to find solutions with dignity
8. Addressing use conflicts so parks can work better for more people
9. Supporting community involvement beyond one-time capital projects
Featured Case Studies
Learn from inspiring projects, people, and policies across Canada that offer tangible solutions to the most pressing challenges facing city parks.