- Prince Albert has the most hectares of parkland relative to population with 28.1 hectares per thousand people.
- Prince Albert is above the average of natural parkland as a percentage of total parkland at 69%
- Prince Albert is one of 50% of cities that have a policy to waive permit fees for groups that show financial need.
- Prince Albert saw a 400% increase in downhill skiing and a 250% increase in cross country skiing at Little Red River Park over pre-pandemic levels, showcasing the desire for winter recreation during COVID-19.
- Local philanthropist Malcolm Jenkins in partnership with the city is proposing to build a 6,000 sqft outdoor fitness facility at the Alfred Jenkins Field House in 2021.
- To support more outdoor winter recreation opportunities for children, Prince Albert approved the creation of three new sledding hills in city parks.
ha parkland per 1000 people
986 ha of total parkland
of total parkland is natural area
678 total ha
of total city land is parkland
5045 ha of total city area
Community gardens/urban farms
volunteers / 1000 people
community park groups
Policy to waive permit fees for groups with financial need.
Parks operating budget per person
Total parks capital budget
Provincially legislated tools available for parkland dedication, acquisition and/or development
10% of the development site or cash-in-lieu
¹ 2018 Data ² Includes Little Red River Park, which is 400 ha.