- At 62%, Quebec City is above average in ratio of parkland that is natural area.
- Quebec City is one of 52% of cities with a policy to waive permit fees for financial need.
- Quebec City is one of 77% of cities that reported having at least one park partnership in place with a non-profit.
- Through a purchase of four waterfront lots and negotiations with a golf course, Quebec City is on its way to developing a large park along the Montmorency River as part of its plan to improve riverfront green space connections.
- The city has budgeted $105,000 for the design and construction of the new Parc de la Rivière-Jaune, addressing a gap in a neighbourhood lacking park access.
- Guided by its public art strategy, the city is supporting cultural mediation projects that involve collaboration between professional artists and residents to create public art.
ha parkland per 1000 people
2350 ha total parkland
of total parkland is natural area
1452 total ha
of total city land is parkland
45428 ha of total city area
Community gardens/urban farms
500 - 1000 m
Parkland provision goal (distance to park)
Neighbourhood park: 500m Community park: 1000m
Policy to waive permit fees for groups with financial need?
Community grant program
Parks operating budget per person
Total parks capital budget
Provincially legislated tools available for parkland development
10% of development site or cash-in-lieu
Related Quebec City Stories
Don't See your City on the List?
Twenty-seven cities participated in this year's report and we hope more will join us next year.Learn how to participate in 2021